Sunday, January 1, 2006

2006



I am now in Manchester - A new year back in The Puddle. Two major things have happened since my last missive, two major parties in fact. One family affair; which was very jolly indeed, all the more so because it was hosting both my dads sister and brother's families. And the latter was Ben's New Years party - at which very little sleep was had; this was very very good fun; meeting friends and strangers - and a handful of occasional acquaintances from a few years back; Overall summery - just debauched enough; and a good way of starting the year.

I don't know why I am attaching much importance to 2006, I am usually pretty skeptical about new years as being a pretty arbitrary point. It is quite easy to look back this year and see definite progress and movement. I am established at Uni; and have had quite a troublesome last semester. I moved into a period of extensive singlehood; which I haven;t been particularly distressed by, and has been quite a good thing at times. I have made a whole raft of new friends and acquaintances; and last night I got a blast from the past in the form of some people I had never really expected to see again. It also helps that it was a good do last night; and that today was quite bright and cheerful when I was waiting for my train out of Mytholmroyd.

P.S. This is the best documented year of my life yet; being the only one where I have kept up somesort of journal (i.e. this) up throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment